- a 2-4 rib roast of beef, 4 1/2 -12 lb (see the timing chart in the notes)
-salt and pepper
Remove the meat from the fridge 4 hours before you want to cook it.
Preheat the oven to 500°.
- Sprinkle the meat with flour and rub the flour into the fat cap.
- Roast the meat fatcap up in a shallow pan for a period determined by the weight of your meat according to the timetables in the notes.
- Allow the roast to rest in the unheated oven, without opening the door, for at least 2 and as many as 4 hours.
- For a two rib roast weighing 4 ½ to 5 lb, cook for 25-30 minutes.
- For a three rib roast weighing 8 to 9 lb, cook for 40-45 minutes.
- For a four rib roast weighing 11 to 12 lb, cook for 55-60 minutes.
- You should get two servings from each rib.